Thursday 1 September 2011

Countdown: 6 days, 19 hours and 45 minutes...

...until my first class of the fall semester.

I am so excited! I feel much more grounded when I am in school.  I have been thinking about my organizational plans, and I am making a goal to achieve a better school/work/life balance this year.  To accomplish this, I plan to:

  • use Google calender (which syncs with my phone) to plan my life.  I will review my day on Google calender in the morning with breakfast and plan my day in my daytimer.  I am going to use a 'time blocking' strategy rather than a to-do list.
  • start my projects early, and finish them before the deadlines.  I will work in a lot of small chunk rather than a big push.
  • fix the holes in my knowledge immediately - no teaching myself at exam time
  • drop the activities that I dislike (hospital volunteering) and try not to over commit to other things.  This will be tough, because I feel like I should be at the hospital volunteering for med school, but I really do not enjoy it (I get very bored).  I have applied to a number of other volunteer positions and am waiting to hear back.  I think I will be starting as a crisis line volunteer in October.  I am allowing myself one other position.
As a (perpetual) student, September is the start of my new year.  So, it seemed like a good time to set some goals for the upcoming year.  I would like to share some of them with you:
  • run a half-marathon (October 1st)
  • run a full marathon
  • do EC's that I like
  • achieve a 4.0
  • spend more time with my family
  • get into medical school.  This last one, I do not have too much control over.  I will do my best on my application and (hopeful) interviews.  Past that, it is out of my hands.  But, I sure am hopeful!
That is all for now.  Until next time!

P.S. it is 256 days and some hours until May 15, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment